PRETTY CUPCAKES

Tuesday, January 18, 2011


Do you remember this sneak peak?  
Well here are the finished cakes.


I have a good friend who always orders her children's birthday cakes from me.  She sometimes gives me a basic brief but normally just gives me free reign to create something I think appropriate.
So I decided to make little mini portraits for each party guest.  My friend gave me a brief description of the girls, hair length ,colour, etc and I painted their likenesses in watercolours.


 I recently treated myself to a glue gun, I feel like a real crafter now, so I used this to stick cocktail sticks to the back of the figures with a little piece of plain  paper over the top, to hide the glue.
You can't really tell from the picture but the birthday girl's dress had gold spots.


Apparently the party guest had a great time picking out their own cupcake.


This was my favourite one!