Underwater party

Tuesday, November 6, 2012
















Doh!
I was sorting through my images, and realised I never posted the pictures of little kidlet's underwater party! (You can see the invitations way back here.)
Sorry, I hope you enjoy them now even though it's a few months late.












































She wanted an Octonaut party, but, being a mean Mummy who hates character cakes I persuaded her to change the theme to a general underwater party. 
We found the Ralph Lauren fabric and that sparked the colour scheme and the line drawing details.



















These oysters with their faces were especially requested.



















I have to admit that I never make meringues, as they tend to burn in my oven, but they do look pretty, so I get in shop bought! We had jelly with gummy fish floating around.


Mini cupcakes (as kidlets never eat all the big ones) with underwater creature toppers. I made a version of my favourite iced gems. These are lustrous pearls.

I am a bit obsessed with ruffles so I added ombre wave ruffles onto the cake.

Of course no party is complete without a pinata. You can see instructions on how to make your own here.
It seems like a very long time ago, but it's lovely to be able to look back and remember my kidlet's happy face! 



















xxxx