Wedding cakes

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I have been so busy recently, and feel that I have been neglecting you all, so I thought I should catch up and post some wedding cakes.
This cake was based on a design used for the lovely couples invitations. It was a repeated pattern of one rose. We decided to add a little extra interest with the border of roses.


For this next cake I never actually met the bride, we just communicated via e-mails and phone. It was ordered by a mutual friend as a wedding present and managed to survive a five hour journey to Cornwall.

The design is based on the flowers in the brides bouquet including Old Dutch roses, lavender, astrantia and ferns.

Finally, not a wedding cake but a fiftieth wedding anniversary cake. Daisy's are the ladies favourite flowers and she wanted a fairly simple design.


I have plenty more to show you when I get my archives sorted out (probably some time in March!)!
xxx