Inspiration part two

Wednesday, June 8, 2011
So, in the same week as yesterday's cake, I was given this card by a friend.


She wanted a cutting cake and cupcake tower based on the design.  She also wanted some bunting, a '40' and a birthday message.















































I love the thrill of thinking up ideas to fit into a brief.  It's great to be free to go my own way but I also like having limitations set on me, it actually can make me more creative and stops lazy thinking. (I could have said 'it makes me think outside the box', but I'm not taking part in "The Apprentice")
When I was a textile designer I painted lots of ditsy prints and so I was excited to be given this reference.  The joy of ditsys is that they don't have to match perfectly, it's fun to have different styles and colours. 
































 They also don't have to be all over designs, I painted some bunches for the cupcake toppers and also sprigs.  I liked the cherry too so I incorporated that.
Having snippets of the prints on the bunting and bunting on some of the cupcake toppers helped tie the whole theme together.


This is another cake I really enjoyed making...I hope that you are enjoying sharing them with me too!
xx