WEDDINGS, WEDDINGS AND MORE WEDDINGS!

Friday, October 15, 2010


  I hope you are ready for a lot of pictures of wedding cakes!

Last weekend Mr Lemon Drizzle and I were delighted to be guests at the most gorgeous wedding of some good friends. They had a Tentipi which was fabulous and arm in arm we danced the night away.


The happy couple asked me to make their cake which I loved making. The bride wanted it painted to match her flowers, which were lovely bold and autumny colours, there was also a butterfly theme going on.



They also wanted cupcakes as an alternative to a traditional desert,
so I made 5 flavours: 
Vanilla, Chocolate Mud, Apple and Blackberry, White Chocolate and Bailey's and Caramel.  
It was hard to get a good photo of them all nestling in the tent..sorry, Tentipi.


It was such a lovely day and the weather really was the icing on the cake!



This week I had a meeting at St Michaels Manor Hotel (a beautiful hotel in St Albans) about weddings so I made some samples to take along.


Sometimes I get asked about my inspiration.  Well I recieved a promotional card through the post from Cox and Cox with some cute birds on and I thought they would a perfect wedding motif.  As I was thinking about weddings I spent some time looking at gorgeous wedding blogs and found favours with this tag on (I think they had made jam can't remember the link).  So the two thoughts collided and I came up with this.



 These cupcakes were based on a plate I saw in Elle decoration.  I loved the mixture of line drawing and painted flowers. 

I thought they were unusual and I remember designing textiles in a similar manner years ago. 



This design is literally just out of my head, I wanted a soft romantic look.  I've made the picture look quite 80's now I think of it.  Do you remember 'Lace' the mini series?

 I also wanted to try out some other favours.


 And while this mini cake looks like it has been inspired by Twilight actually the original idea was sparked by one of my teatowels.

So there you have my new wedding portfolio.  Brides of Herfordshire watch out!


Now on another note remember last week Amelie's House celebrated it's birthday?  Well next week we will celebrate in style.  I have four fabulous guest bloggers lined up an amazing giveaway and at least one recipe.  So on Monday festivities will commence.
See you then!