DRESSES AND FAIRIES

Saturday, July 10, 2010
 A quick post to keep you all up to speed with this weeks shenanigans .  I have a very busy couple of weeks coming up so I took the opportunity to finish off a couple of jobs I had started and then put down in favour of other projects.When I got married I was determined to have a Trousseau and I bought a beautiful skirt from Jackpot as part of it
However within minutes of being on honeymoon I put on weight and the skirt was too tight.   I passed it on to my Mum  who recently returned it and I was loathed to pass it on again as it held too many memories.
 So I decided to make a dress for big kidlet, I have done some sewing in the past but still thought I should go for the easiest pattern I could find.  Unfortunately there wasn't quite enough width on the skirt so I had to improvise a bit.  And the dress was slipping off her shoulders so I also had to add a tie at the back to keep it up.
 
I was very happy with the corsage, she hasn't worn it yet.

 
My next job was to use the artwork I created for my Mad Hatters Tea Party.  I loved the silhouettes that had been left so I gathered together some bits and bobs and made pictures for the kidlet's bedroom.