The Games

Friday, July 6, 2012

The Berkhamsted Games, yesterday, were an amazing event and something I'm sure the kidlets will always remember. Especially, as the littlest one walked away with a silver medal, for the standing long jump.
Now, I am about to share some pictures of the day with you, do you think I resisted the urge to tilt shift? Of course not (see immediately below!)















I arrived early to set up my cake, all was fairly peaceful.
















Then the ten schools taking part began to arrive, each school had a different coloured t-shirt.

Once all the children were settled the opening ceremony began. They all sang the Olympic song. (I wiped away the tears from my eyes, I'm so soft!)

Then we had a parade of the nations.

Followed by all the local head teachers and the Olympic torch.

There was a very exciting torch lighting ceremony!

(warning imminent tilt shifting!)

The children then were placed in a holding area while the games began.

There was a very exciting tug of war match that almost ended in deadlock!



When all the events were over there was a closing ceremony including a balloon release. (Again with the tears)

A massive thankyou to everyone who helped organize the day. It was a rip roaring success!

(I know, excessive pictures of the balloons, but don't they look magical?)
xxx