Painting on cake class

Monday, July 4, 2011

Just over a week ago I had the pleasure of teaching a group of lovely cake makers how to paint on fondant.
The class took place in my local arts and crafts shop, but they came from near and far, with one person even travelling down from Scotland.


I eased them in to the technique by starting small. They each had four fondant discs to paint a spray of roses.
Then straight into the deep end with a dummy cake.


I gave them a demonstration of how I do it first and then armed with crib sheets they began painting themselves.


Most of them had never attempted this before but they were all very pleased with their cakes and hopefully we'll be seeing some of their own soon.
I will be teaching this same class again on the 27th September and also a gingerbread house painting class on the 26th November please e-mail me if you would like details; nevie-pie@hotmail.co.uk.