SYD SPECIAL

Wednesday, May 26, 2010
 This is Syd.  

He was my Grandad.

These are some facts about Syd;

He liked to dance.
He wore pink polyester shirts.
He loved gardening.


 He became outraged if he had to spend more than 50p on a cup of tea.
He watched Bullseye.

This is not a blog about Syd.


This is a blog about Syd Special.

My family would always have an Easter break in the Lake District, and we would go to a cafe at Skelwith Bridge as a treat.  This is where we partook of Syd Special for the first time. 


 A chocolatey treat but with a healthy(ish) edge. Fortunately the cafe sold recipe books so we could recreate SS at home. 




It is also known as Chocolate fudge, but my brother and I thought it was hilarious that a.. well it's not really a cake or a biscuit, is it a tray bake? was named after our Grandad (it wasn't of course there must have been another Syd lurking about!)


  I have tweaked the recipe a little and feel free to use any cereal you want.  I'm sure my Mum used to make it with Shredded Wheat.




Enjoy with a cheap cup of tea!