Jubilee street party

Wednesday, June 6, 2012













Well despite the rain my street had a very good turn out on Tuesday for a Jubilee party. 
















It was a really lovely day, with a range of people from a six week old baby to people who have lived here since the houses were built, in the 1950's.


















There was a treasure hunt for the children, an obstacle course for  little ones (and Dads) on scooters, and a toy car run. There was meat to grill, salads, Pimms and locally brewed beer. 


















For me there was lots of pudding!





















I was very impressed with the effort made in dressing up, although after an hour when the rain set in we were all wearing kagools.


Obviously I couldn't let the occasion go without a little tilt shifting!
























I hope if you had a street party it was as good as ours! (Even in the wet!)